Confirmation will be held in Clonea Church on Thursday, 22nd March at 11.00 a.m.
Under Dept. of Education guidelines this is considered a school day like all others. In order to fulfil our required 183 days in school all children will be expected to attend on that day.
The following arrangements have been made:
- Children of 5th and 6th class and their siblings will attend directly to Clonea Church for the ceremony at 10.40 a.m.
- The remaining children of 3rd and 4th class will come to school as usual at 9.00 a.m. and will be brought to the church at 10.40 a.m. to be part of the choir. All brothers/sisters of confirmation children from 3rd and 4th class must also be in the choir dressed in full uniform.
- Children from Infants to 2nd class with no connection to the ceremony will attend school as usual until 12.30 p.m.
- All children will go home after the ceremony.
- Bus arrangements will be finalised closer to the day.
Children for Confirmation must be neatly presented wearing full uniform with a green jumper (in good condition) and white shirt (not polo shirt).
Top button should be tied with school tie closely fitting to the collar.
Girls should wear a skirt with black tights.
Children singing in the choir – including siblings, will also wear full uniform.