RATHGORMACK N.S. - SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020/2021
MONTH Term 1
September School re-opening on 1st September, 2020.
Junior Infants: 1st September to 11th September: 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
From Monday 14th September: 9.00 a.m. to 1.40 p.m.
October Mid-Term Break – Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October.
School closing at normal finishing times on Friday 23rd October.
November School re-opening on Monday 2nd November.
December Monday 7th December - School closed
Christmas Holidays: School closing on Tuesday 22nd December at 12.00 p.m.
MONTH Term 2
January School re-opening on Wednesday 6th January, 2021.
February Mid-Term Break - Thursday 18th and Friday 19th February – School Closed
March Wednesday 17th March – St. Patrick’s Day - School Closed.
MONTH Term 3
April Easter Holidays: School closing on Friday 26th March at 12.00 p.m.
School re-opening on Monday 12th April.
May Monday 3rd May (Public Holiday) – School Closed.
June Monday 7th June (Public Holiday) – School Closed.
Summer Holidays: School closing on Friday 25th June at 12.00 p.m.
- Parent/Teacher meetings will be held in November - Dates and times will be announced at a later date.
- The correct shirt for school uniform is a white collared shirt not a Polo Shirt. A blue polo shirt is to be worn for P.E.
- Written explanations must be given for all absences or early collections.
- All children arriving late to school, leaving early from school or leaving & returning to school during school hours (e.g. for medical/dental/other appointments ) must report to the school office to sign “Pupils Signing In and Out” book, parent/guardian must be present with children when signing “Out”.
- Please note in accordance with the Educational Welfare Act the school must report any children who have missed 20 days or more in once academic year (Sept-June).